Concerning personal information of job-seekers
1stadnet.com (“1st Ad Network”) provides, maintains and develops an online service for connecting job-seekers with employers (the “Service”) through a website at 1stadnet.com (the “Website”). In order to provide, maintain and develop the Service, 1st Ad Network may collect, use and disclose information that identifies you as an individual (your “personal information”).
- Why 1st Ad Network collects, uses and discloses your personal information
With your consent, 1st Ad Network collects, uses and discloses your personal information for the purposes of:
- providing, maintaining, and improving the Service;
- allowing employers to identify you as a potential employee;
- determining if you are qualified for employment positions in which you have expressed an interest;
- identifying employers and employment positions that may interest you;
- allowing 1st Ad Network to contact you on behalf of employers;
- responding to your questions and concerns;
- understanding your need for information and offers, including advertisements from 1st Ad Network and third-party advertisers;
- analyzing and obtaining insight into 1st Ad Network’s business operations, including how the Website and the Service are used;
- complying with legal requirements; and
- other purposes reasonably connected to one or more of the above purposes.
In the remainder of this policy, the purposes listed above are referred to collectively as the “Purposes”.
- How 1st Ad Network obtains your consent to collecting, using and disclosing your personal information
If after consenting to 1st Ad Network collecting, using and disclosing your personal information for the Purposes, you decide to withdraw your consent, you may give notice of your intention to 1st Ad Network’s privacy officer as outlined below.
- What personal information 1st Ad Network collects
You do not have to provide your personal information in order to search job-postings, view company pages or access Blog features on the Website.
Other aspects of the Service require that you register for an account with the Website and create a Profile. 1st Ad Network collects your personal information when you:
- register for an account with the Website;
- create your Profile; and
- modify your Profile.
1st Ad Network limits its collection of personal information to that which is necessary to fulfill the Purposes.
To register with the Website, you must provide the following registration information:
- your name; and
- your email address.
Of the registration information, only your name and email are included in your Profile.
You may optionally provide more information about yourself in your Profile, including:
- a more detailed description of yourself;
- information about your education and past employment;
- information about your skills, aspirations and interests;
- information about your employment preferences;
- links to social media sites and profiles;
- your gender;
- your birth date; and
- a picture of yourself.
When you access the Website, both session cookies and permanent cookies may be placed on your computer. Cookies are small non-executable files stored on your computer that allow webservers to recognize your web browser. Session cookies are active only during the period you are logged on to the Website and are removed when you leave. Session cookies help 1st Ad Network track the areas of the Website that you access to allow 1st Ad Network to make improvements in keeping with observed user preferences. Permanent cookies remain on your computer until you remove them through your browser’s Internet security settings. Permanent cookies are used to store persistent information that helps to personalize your site experience and save you time. For example, permanent cookies enable the Website to tell whether you have already seen an advertisement or information notice, and this information can be used to avoid showing you things you have already seen. Cookies placed when you access the Website may come from 1st Ad Network’s web servers and web servers operated the third parties that provide content (such as advertisements) and services (such as Website traffic analysis) related to the Website.
Certain pages on the Website contain “web beacons” (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs). Web beacons allow third parties to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, the type of browser used to view the page, and the information in cookies set by the third party.
1st Ad Network does not associate cookies or usage data obtained through your use of the Website with your personal information.
- How 1st Ad Network uses your personal information
In fulfilling the Purposes, 1st Ad Network may use your personal information to, among other things:
- maintain your account with 1st Ad Network;
- enable you to contact 1st Ad Network and enable 1st Ad Network to respond to you;
- create a searchable database of Job Seeker Profiles that may be searched and viewed by employers who have accounts with 1st Ad Network (“registered employers”);
- facilitate interaction between you and registered employers, including forwarding requests that you apply for particular jobs from registered employers to you;
- communicate Service-related information to you, including information about events, promotions, contests, surveys, new job postings, featured employers, and other products or services available from 1st Ad Network;
- facilitate interaction between you and other job-seekers, including “forward to a friend” feature;
- provide you with information from advertisers about products, service and/or events that you may interest you;
- produce internal reports that tell 1st Ad Network about the use of the Website and the Service; and
- produce reports about the aggregate personal characteristics and qualifications of job-seekers that use the Website and the Service, which reports may be shared with potential advertisers and employers.
- When 1st Ad Network will disclose your personal information to others
Disclosure to Registered Employers
1st Ad Network may disclose your Profile, which includes your personal information that you have provided for it, to registered employers. 1st Ad Network does not provide your address, phone number or email address to employers.
As a condition of receiving Profiles, 1st Ad Network requires employers to agree to keep information contained in Profiles confidential and to use information contained in Profiles only for purposes reasonably necessary to determine your suitability for employment in their businesses. However, 1st Ad Network cannot monitor employers’ use and retention of your Profile information, and it is possible that employers may retain a copy of your Profile or distribute it to third parties. 1st Ad Network accepts no responsibility for the actions of employers.
Your personal information can be disclosed to employers in two ways:
- When you apply through the Service to a job-posting – When you apply through the Service to a job-posting, your Profile, which includes personal information that you have provided for it, will be transferred to the relevant employer.
- When employers search for employees – When you create your Profile, your Profile is added to a searchable database. Employers may search this database to find potential employees. Your Profile may be returned as a result of such searches on the basis of personal information contained in your Profile. Employers may view your Profile, which includes personal information that you have provided for it, by following links in search results.
Disclosure to Service Providers
1st Ad Network may disclose your personal information to service providers that help deliver the Service. Such service providers may include those responsible for hosting the Website, analyzing customer data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service and/or technical support. These service providers may not be located in the USA or Canada, and they will have the access to your personal information that is necessary to perform their functions. 1st Ad Network takes reasonable measures to ensure that these service providers do not share your personal information with any other third party or use your personal information for any purpose other than the Purposes outlined above.
Disclosure where required or authorized by law
1st Ad Network may disclose your personal information where required to do so by law or in circumstances where disclosure is authorized by relevant provincial or federal legislation.
- Limiting use, disclosure and retention
1st Ad Network will not use or disclose your personal information for purposes other than the Purposes outlined above without your explicit consent or as required or authorized by law.
1st Ad Network will not sell or provide your personal information to third parties for advertising or spamming purposes.
Because the employment in the hospitality industry may be part of a lifelong career, 1st Ad Network retains your personal information until you remove it. You may request to have your personal information removed from 1st Ad Network’s online database at any time by contacting 1st Ad Network’s Privacy Officer as described below.
You can view and modify your personal information in your Profile at any time by clicking on ‘Edit Profile’ or ‘Update Profile’. It is up to you to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date.
1st Ad Network takes reasonable measures to ensure that your personal information is secure against unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, and modification. These measures include storing your information in secure hosting facilities, operating the Website behind a firewall, and encrypting your personal information as it travels over the Internet. You are responsible for keeping your password confidential.
1st Ad Network’s privacy practices are as outlined in this policy. Should you have any questions or comments you may contact 1st Ad Network’s Privacy Officer as indicated below.
- Access to your personal information
You may access your personal information that is under 1st Ad Network’s control by submitting a written request to 1st Ad Network’s Privacy Officer. With certain exceptions, within 30 days of receiving your written request, 1st Ad Network will provide:
- a summary of your personal information that is under 1st Ad Network’s control;
- the ways in which your personal information has been used by 1st Ad Network; and
- the names of any individuals or organizations to whom 1st Ad Network has disclosed your personal information.
1st Ad Network reserves the right to require you to prove your identity before giving you access to your personal information and/or providing the information set out immediately above. 1st Ad Network reserves the right to withhold access to certain personal information where authorized or required by law.
You may address any concerns about any of your personal information under 1st Ad Network’s control by submitting a written request to 1st Ad Network’s Privacy Officer detailing such concerns.
- Withdrawal of consent
You may withdraw your consent to 1st Ad Network’s use and disclosure of your personal information by making a written statement to 1st Ad Network’s Privacy Officer. Upon receiving such written statement, within a reasonable amount of time, 1st Ad Network will make reasonable efforts to delete or render anonymous your personal information that is under its control. This may result in your inability to access the Service and/or deletion of your account.
- Challenging compliance
If you have any concerns regarding 1st Ad Network’s compliance with British Columbia’s Personal Information Protection Act or Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronics Document Act, you may address those concerns to 1st Ad Network’s Privacy Officer as indicated below. Complaints concerning 1st Ad Network’s compliance with British Columbia’s Personal Information Protection Act and Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronics Document Act are taken seriously and all complaints are investigated.
- Privacy officer
To submit a written request or statement as described above or to request more information on 1st Ad Network’s privacy practices, please contact 1st Ad Network’s Privacy Officer at [email protected] If you wish to correspond with our Privacy Officer through postal mail, we can provide you with a postal address upon request.